My weekend, in bullet form:
- I did my taxes. I’m actually getting money back, which never happens. I’m not sure why. Everyone else I know takes their refunds and buys a small Caribbean island with them.
- I went to three birthday parties. I will definitely need that tax refund now. There were a lot of cabs. Also, last night I wound up in a gay go-go bar at four in the morning. You know it’s time to go home when it doesn’t even seem odd that the waiter is not wearing pants.
- I am exhausted today, predictably.
- Back to the cabs. Cab drivers love me. They want to marry and impregnate me. They want to move to Brooklyn with me and start a car service. Of the four cab rides I took this weekend, two drivers chatted me up in some fashion. This is a pretty consistent percentage.
- If you combine my magical cab driver seducing powers with my tendency to attract younger men, it becomes obvious that I will eventually marry a 23-year-old cabbie.
- I will make him give you free rides places, but only if you’re very drunk.
That’s it for now. Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend as well.